Most of us love wearables—or at least the idea of them. Tracking your steps and pushing yourself to be healthier are inherently good things, but the fact is that many of us simply forget to put those wearables on in the morning. Enter Level smart glasses. Everyday glasses-wearers can now track their step count, distance traveled, overall active minutes, and calories burned—just by wearing the glasses they need to see anyway. The best part, though, is that you can apply your vision benefits to buy Level smart glasses.
When’s the last time your insurance paid for any sort of technology you actually wanted? It doesn’t happen often, so it’s OK to be skeptical. The great thing about Level is that they are first and foremost a fully functional pair of prescription eyeglasses. That very fact makes it possible to apply your VSP vision benefits toward the purchase of Level smart glasses.
How to apply your vision benefits to buy Level smart glasses.
- Step 1: Find an eye doctor near you who carries Level. When you call to schedule an eye exam, make sure to let them know you’re interested in Level.
- Step 2: Head in for your eye exam—just like you do every year. In addition to checking to see what prescription you need for your new glasses, your eye doctor will also examine the health of your eyes.
- Step 3: Choose the pair of Level smart glasses you like best. There are three unique frame styles and four different colors overall.
- Step 4: Choose the lens enhancements for your new Level smart glasses. (A Unity anti-reflective coating is a great start, but consider SunSync light-reactive lenses so you don’t always have to switch to sunglasses when you’re outside.)
- Step 5: When you check out, you’ll pay the cost of Level frames less your vision benefits frame allowance. You’ll also pay any co-pays and any lens enhancement costs not covered by your insurance.
- Step 6: Your eye doctor’s office will call you when your Level smart glasses arrive. When you pick them up, an optician will make sure they’re fitted comfortably to your face.
- Step 7: Download the “Level smart glasses” app from the Apple App Store and pair your smart glasses with your phone. (Android version coming soon.)
Now that you have your new Level smart glasses, just wear them like you would any other glasses. Plus, you’re helping others in need with every step you take.
It’s that easy. No, really.
Above: Dr. Matthew Alpert, OD, says Level smart glasses are a game-changer.