If you’re using your vision plan benefits before the end of the year, make sure you’re getting the most out of them with our five tips below:
- Create an account or log in at vsp.com. Look over your personalized benefit information to see what your plan covers.
- Make sure your eye doctor is in network. Members can save up to $300 when they see an in-network doctor.* Plus, you’ll get more and save more when you visit a Premier Program location. It’s easy to Find a Doctor who participates in the Premier Program to take advantage of exclusive bonus offers. If you already have an eye doctor, make sure they’re in network so you don’t miss out on savings and can skip the paperwork that goes along with seeing an out-of-network provider.
- Get your annual WellVision Exam. Your VSP network doctor will check your eyes for more than just vision problems. They’ll also look for signs of eye and other health problems.
- Find your perfect pair…or two. If you need glasses, take advantage of Exclusive Member Extras like an extra $40 to spend on select frame brands. Plus, save up to 40% on lens enhancements like progressives, light-reactive lenses and anti-reflective (AR) coatings, such as a blue-light-reducing AR coating which helps combat digital eye strain in adults and children.**
Need a second pair? You’ll save 20% on a second pair of glasses, including lens enhancements, when you purchase from your VSP network doctor within 12 months of your last exam.
- Prefer to buy online? Shop Eyeconic. It’s easy to link your vision benefits with your doctor’s expertise to get in-network savings on eyewear essentials—like sunglasses. You can shop for glasses and contacts, too!
We’re here to help you get more out of your vision plan benefits! For questions about your coverage, contact Member Services at vsp.com or by calling 800.877.7195.
*Comparison based on national average for comprehensive eye exams and most commonly purchased brands. Out-of-network reimbursements may vary.
**Brands/Promotion subject to change. Lens upgrades savings based on doctor’s retail price and vary by plan and purchase selection; average savings determined after benefits are applied. Available only through VSP network doctors to VSP members with applicable plan benefits. Ask your VSP network doctor for details.