Ah, summer… It’s when your budding gymnast breaks her arm falling out of your backyard elm or your very own Evil Kenevil launches his bike sky-high at the skate park. The out-of-pocket costs for the emergency room care can add up quickly, especially if you have a high deductible medical plan, a temporary gap in coverage, or exhausted your insurance benefits. As a VSP member, you have access to substantial discounts and savings that can help salvage your summer budget and make sure you still have some dollars reserved for that epic family vacation!
VSP® Simple Values* is a perk of being a VSP member that provides you and your family access to savings and discounts on a variety health services, such as:
- Dental and doctor visits
- Prescription drugs
- Telehealth – 24/7 access to medical care via phone or video visit
- Convenient home-shipping on diabetic supplies
- Lab work and MRIs
- Hearing aids and other quality of life products
VSP Simple Values basically gets you the negotiated rates that insurance companies generally pay providers —which are typically much less than list prices. If you’ve ever looked at a doctor’s bill and see the difference between the ‘charged’ amount and what your insurance actually paid, you see these savings can be substantial.
Best of all, VSP Simple Values also includes savings on all the ‘fun stuff’ of summer. These budget-boosting perks include:
- New release movie tickets
- Live entertainment
- Sports events
- Major theme park and water park passes
- Hotels and rental cars
- Even, retail cash rewards!
Start saving this summer. Go out to vsp.com and register for VSP Simple Values to see what offers are available to you.
* VSP Simple Values is NOT insurance. Login to vsp.com required for access. Note: Some members may not be eligible for this program.
This is a guest post written by VSP employee Susan P.